The services and products (the "Services") are provided by Yahoo India Private Limited (CIN: U72900MH2000PTC138698) (the "Company") primarily to help fuel the growth and success of businesses on the Internet.
This policy applies only to the Company and covers how we treat the Personal Information we collect through interaction with our sites, apps, products, and services. Personal Information is information about You that identifies You personally, like Your full name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available, but is not business contact information. The Company’s sites, products and services may not be used by children under the age of 13.
- This policy does not override any elements of the terms directly established with the Company customers or partners, including the Terms of Service.
- The Company’s customers operate their own businesses, with their own websites, with or without the technical assistance of the Company, and all of their data collection and use is governed by their own privacy policies.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the Company does not own or control, or to people that the Company does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The Company collects Personal Information when You register with the Company; when You interact with the Company sites, apps, products, development tools, marketing programs, or services; pages of the Company customers and some partners; when You sign-up for a newsletter or when You enter a promotion or sweepstakes. The Company may combine information about You that we have with information we obtain from customers or partners, publicly available information, or other companies.
When You register or provide additional account information we may ask for information such as Your full name, company name, email address, birth date, gender, phone number, mobile phone number, address, credit card number, business type, industry, and other details. When You register with the Company and use our sites, products, or services, You are not anonymous to us.
The Company collects information about Your transactions with us, our customers, and with some of our partners, including information about Your use of products and services that we offer.
The Company automatically receives and records information from Your computer and browser, including Your IP Address, the Company’s cookies and other device information, software and hardware attributes, and the page You requested.
The Company uses information for the following general purposes: to customize Your experiences, content, and advertising with us, our customers and some of our partners; fulfill Your requests for products and services; improve our services; provide recommendations; contact You; conduct research; and provide reporting for our customers, internal purposes and partners.
By providing your telephone number(s), including your mobile phone number, to the Company, You expressly consent to receive marketing and non-marketing calls and text messages from the Company and others calling or texting on its behalf, including but not limited to, calls and text messages made with an autodialer or prerecorded voice, at the telephone number(s) that You provide. Such calls and text messages may include, for example, marketing messages, password reminders, authentication messages, account- or service-related alerts and reminders, customer service communications, satisfaction surveys, and other types of calls and text messages. You may opt-out of these communications, except for communications regarding Your account, Services, and the security of Your account, at any time by signing in to Your account and going to Your "Profile."
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of the country in which You reside for processing and storage. As a result it could be subject to access by government agencies in those countries.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
The Company does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about You with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services You've requested, when we have Your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We provide information to partners who work on behalf of or with the Company under confidentiality agreements. These companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Co-Branded Partners: The Company may provide some services in partnership with others under a co-branded experience. In these situations both companies may be collecting information about You so please see the privacy links available within the experience to learn more. For example, Business Mail Services is provided in partnership with Yahoo.
- Legal Process: We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. The Company may be required to disclose information under the Information Technology Act, 2000,as amended or any other law for the time being in force requiring such disclosures and You expressly authorize Yahoo to comply with any and all lawful notices, summons, court orders, or warrants without prior notice to You.
- Security & Fraud: We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms of Service , or as otherwise required by law.
- Merger & Acquisition: We transfer information about You if the Company is acquired by or merged with another company.
The Company enters partnerships with third parties to provide or augment some of its sites, products, and services. In some cases, these partners may collect information about Your interaction with that page, product, or service subject to their own privacy policies. The Company may display targeted advertisements based on Your Personal Information or partner with companies who provide similar services. Advertisers (including the companies assisting them in the delivery of an ad) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. To learn more about Your choices with respect to interest-based advertising, including opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative. The Company does not support the Do Not Track standard.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
The Company may set and access cookies on Your computer. We may also set and access device identifiers which could include IP address, user agent information (browser version, OS type and version), device provided identifiers, or computed identifiers. Once You log into a Service on Your device, the Company may link that device to Your account to provide a more personalized experience, independent of Your device settings.
The Company may use web beacons, small segments of code that run on a web page, APIs (application programming interfaces) or SDKs (software development kits) within mobile apps, to access the Company’s cookies and device identifiers inside and outside our network of websites and in connection with the Services.
The Company customers and partners may access their cookies on Your computer and/or use web beacons and SDKs of their own. Other companies' use of their technology such as web beacons, SDKs, cookies and device identifiers, is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. These partners do not have access to the Company's cookies.
YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You can edit or deactivate Your account at any time. Domain registration may continue through Your current term unless You take steps to transfer to another provider. Certain technologies and development tools may continue to collect information until You remove them.
You may receive product update communications, calls, text messages, emails, newsletters and other communications about or related to the Services. You will have the opportunity to opt out of marketing related and optional communications by clicking on unsubscribe links or by following unsubscribe instructions. We reserve the right to send You certain communications relating to the Services, such as service announcements, that are considered part of the Services and Your account, without offering You the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to Personal Information about You to employees, contractors, or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to You or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect Personal Information about You.
QUESTION AND SUGGESTIONS
If You have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, You can contact us at:
Yahoo India Private Limited
Unit No. 304, 3rd Floor
Satellite Gazebo, East Wing
Guru Hargovindji Marg, (A G Link Road)
Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400093
Effective date: May 8, 2017